Welcome to the Homepage of
رسالة للشّباب يوجهها عالم الكيمياء الدّكتور جواد الزّير من خلال برنامج لتعارفوا
#النّجاح رغم #التّحديات وخلاصة سنوات الكفاح تشاهدونها في الحلقة الثّانية من برنامج لتعارفوا بعنوان #شخصيات_ملهمة على قناة دار الفرح على اليوتيوب من إخراج محمّد الغالي الرشاشدة
#لتعارفوا برنامج يقدّمه #الشباب_العربي_السويسري وهو من إعداد وإنتاج مؤسسة #دار_الفرح وبدعم من هيئة #الاندماج في كانتون #زيوريخ
وبرعاية Darma Limmat & NCD Swiss
يمكنكم مشاهدة الحلقة كاملة على قناة دار الفرح على اليوتيوب: https://youtu.be/SB8a-W66xLQ
Competence in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Nucleic Acid Chemistry, and Natural Product
- 1990-1995: Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
- 1987-1989: M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry University of Karachi, Pakistan 1983-1987: B. Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry, Physiology and Microbiology as minor subjects, University of Karachi, Pakistan
- 1985-1986: Maths Certificate in Mathematics University of Karachi, Pakistan
Title: Towards oligosaccharide analogues of cellulose, ETH Zurich, 1995.
Advisor: Prof. A. Vasella; Co-examiner: Prof. F. Diederich
Academic & Industrial; Teaching, Organic synthesis, Drug design, reference compounds, Gene therapy, G-quadruplex DNA, Cancer research, Medicinal plants
- April 2016-Now: Lecturer & Senior Researcher, Department of Chemistry, Zürich University, Switzerland “Medical Student Coordinator at Chemistry Department” .
- January 2014-Now: Managing Director, Swiss Scientific Society for Developing Countries, Zürich, Switzerland.
- January 2010-Now: Head of scientific board, Halal Certification Services, Rheinfelden, Switzerland. “Audit food products that meet Halal requirements”.
- June 2012-March 2016: Senior Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Zürich University, Switzerland‘Investigate medicinal plant as potential therapy for cancer’‘Design, synthesis and evaluation of anticancer compounds that interact with Different G-quadruplexes structures’.
- September 2010-Now: Assistant Professor, Palestine Polytechnic University, Applied science department, Hebron, Palestine. “Design and development of novel, mild and efficient extraction method for natural products”“Teaching General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry & Biochemistry”
- October 2009-August 2010: Senior Scientist, Lipomed AG, Arlesheim, Switzerland ‘Design of new anti-cancer drugs, Synthesis of drug reference standards, Management of pre-clinical and clinical research, Supervising and leading staff in drug manufacture, Presenting scientific lectures, Scientific consultant’
- October 2006-September 2009: Senior Research Associate, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Zürich University, Switzerland ‘Design, synthesis and evaluation of potential anticancer compounds that interact with human telomeric G-quadruplexes DNA and inhibit telomerase enzyme’
- March 2001-September 2006: Research Associate, Institute of Molecular Cancer Research (IMCR), Zürich University, Switzerland ‘Development of a simple and concise approach for the synthesis of well-defined bridged interstrand cross-link DNA’ ‘Design of chemical approach for targeted mutagenesis by exploiting the base excision repair pathway’
- Feb 2000-Feb 2001: Assistant Professor, Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine ‘Teaching introductory, general chemistry, supervising chemistry laboratories, design and engineering laboratory course’
- November 1998-February 2000: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA ‘Synthesis of nucleoside and non-nucleoside inhibitors of human immunodeficiency virus reverse transcriptase’
- March 1996-September 1998: Postdoctoral Fellow, Hoffmann La Roche, Basel, Switzerland ‘Identification and optimisation of a new antimalarial pharmacophore: phenyl β-methoxyacrylates, linked to an aromatic ring via olefinic bridge, have been identified as novel, potentially inexpensive, antimalarial agents’
- March 1993-December 1995: Research Fellow, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland ‘A new approach towards polysaccharide analogues: Preparation of mono- and oligomeric acetylenosaccharides up to a fully deprotected octamer’
- October 1990-March 1993: Research Fellow, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Zürich University, Switzerland ‘Synthesis of Acetyleno-Oligosaccharides: Stereoselective introduction of alkynyl groups into glucose’
- October 1989-October 1990: Research Fellow, H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, Karachi, Pakistan ‘Synthesis of biologically active compounds from readily available carbohydrates’
- April 1988-June 1989: Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Karachi University, Pakistan ‘Synthesis of C-disaccharides by a carbon Ferrier rearrangement’ ‘Teaching general and organic chemistry’
First Class with Distinction
- Offered Merit Certificate from University of Karachi
- Stood Fourth Position in the Faculty of Science.
- Stood Second Position in the Chemistry Department
- M.Sc. and B.Sc. with Distinction
- Secured “A” Grade in all Chemistry Courses
1- Zahra Yasser Al-jabary, In Vitro Propagation of Arbutus andrachne L. and the Detection of Catechin, 2011.
2- Ghada M. Haroon Abu Khalaf, Capparis spinosa L. “Caper”: In Vitro Cultures and Bioassay, 2011.
3- Wala’ Manasrah, In Vitro Propagation of Crataegus aronia and secondary metabolites detection, 2012.
4- Ali Essa Abu Allan, Ziziphus spina-christi “Christ’s Thorn”: In Vitro Callus and Cell Culture, Qualitative Analysis of Secondary Metabolites and Bioassay, 2012.
Languages: Arabic–fluent; English; German; Urdo.
Computing: Detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Beilstein & SciFinder on PC & Mac
Teaching and advising: Teaching assistant; advising Master and PhD students.
Extra activities: Social and generous personality
Collect unique pens, reading history books, playing basketball, combine imagination with reality